Just so you know

Just so you know, while there will be mention of adult products, I'm not going to go into graphic details about anything. Even still, I realize that not everybody wants to read about adult products, so those will have a disclaimer at the top of each post :)

Monday, December 13, 2010

Converse Hi-tops

Ok, this one is probably not all that necessary, but I kinda wanted to write it anyway.  The iconic Chuck Taylors, All Stars, Converse, has been around for ages.  Like, my mom tells me stories about the pair she used to own when she was back in high school.  And she graduated high school in the late 70's.  I didn't get my first pair until right out of high school though.  My second semester of college, I was out trying to find a new pair for my boyfriend at the time, who just manages to destroy his on a regular basis.  I figured it was high time I got myself a pair too.

And I did.  Then a few months later I got another.  Then another after that.  And after that.  And before I knew it, I had managed to somehow collect quite a few pairs.  I've got your standard black (of course), and that's the very first pair I owned.  After about 4 or 5 years of fairly regular use during warmer months, I'm still on my first set of laces, the siding is starting to peel a little bit, and the fabric on the sole on the inside has started to peel, so I can feel it with my toes while I wear that pair, and it drives me crazy! But that's neither here nor there.  Apparently I'm just not all that rough with mine. 

Converse's website lets you customize your own patterns and get great deals on items that are being discontinued, or you can find most of the basic designs in shoe stores like Famous Footwear, Payless, and Journeyz.  Their standard sizing includes US men's and women's, as well as UK and Europe.  Depending on the brand, I normally wear between a 6 and a 7 in US women's.  With Converse's low-tops, I opt for a women's 6 - 6 1/2.  High-tops I always get a 7 just for the extra toe room, but I walk right out of the lower cut ones in the same size.

These shoes are much better worn for fashion and not necessarily everyday wear.  There's really nothing in the way of arch support and they're absolutely horrid in any kind of adverse anything.  If it's chilly outside, you're going to feel it, and if it's wet, you'll feel that too. Either way, everybody should own at least one pair!  

No comments:

Post a Comment